Pictures: Senator Johnson Muthama attacked in parliament
By Standard Reporter
| December 18th 2014
Nairobi, Kenya: Senator Johnson Muthama was attacked by MPs at the National Assembly during a scuffle during debate on the security amendment bill. After the scuffle the house was forced to adjourn.
Heavy security was also deployed in Nairobi amid claims of a planned protests. Police also warned against any form of demonstration on the day the controversial bill was set to be read for the third time on Parliament.
Islamists kill 32, kidnap scores in NigeriaBoko Haram militants killed 32 people and kidnapped scores of others in an attack on the village of Gumsuri in the restive northeast, local officials and a witness said Thursday.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Five senior Kenya Power managers sent on leave to allow for audit
By Betty Njeru
- Several feared drowned after bus with 30 choir members plunges into Kitui river
- Kitui river bridge has rugged edge, driver was unfamiliar with route – Deputy Governor
- Why old couples divorce after decades of marriage
- ODM won’t form coalition with Nyanza parties
- Pregnant wife of KDF soldier stabbed to death