Charles Nyaberi: The only place that I'll go to is Paris
Volleyball and Handball
By
Ben Ahenda
| May 17, 2024
Embattled Kenya Volleyball Federation President Charles Nyaberi said he will not step down as team manager of Malkia Strikers.
Instead, he plans to guided the team to several international matches ahead of the Paris Olympics.
Nyaberi said the technical bench of the Paris-bound team was appointed by the federation's executive committee.
"I'm an appointee of the federation just like others who had been appointed in the past and it's the executive council of the national federation that has a right to do so," he said.
He added that they applied fairness while appointing the technical bench officials and called on assistant coach Paul Bitok to stay put as they look forward on achieving positive results for the team.
READ MORE
From Boeing cockpit to truck seat: Building Africa's logistics backbone
France says G7 finance talks 'frank, sometimes difficult'
Africa banks on continental trade agreement to rev up investments
How 300 containers were stolen from Mombasa port
800 youth benefit from 'Glam on Wheels' Initiative
Flower industry loses Sh200m as transport strike hits JKIA cargo
Families feel the pinch as war-hit diaspora remittances shrink
Legal battle brews over new tea levy, directorship
For Africa to move forward, Africans must be allowed to cross borders
Global housing crisis deepens despite policy gains - UN warns
"When Bitok was struggling with the team in the qualification matches, why were these pressures not arising then? We must learn to appreciate the efforts and achievements of each coach in one way or the other," he added.
"We must allow continuity to Paris Olympics after the qualification stages by allowing the same coaches to manage the team," he said.
He said all federations appoint their officials in such trips and wondered why the main focus was on them.
On partnership with the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB), he said the federation was re-negotiating new terms with the international body.
"After the lapse of the last contract with FIVB, we're in negotiations to come up with new terms on composition of officials," he said.