'Get ready, get ready' - Linda Mwananchi announces three-day June protests
Politics
By
Mate Tongola
| Apr 19, 2026
Leaders allied to the Linda Mwananchi faction of the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) have unveiled plans for three consecutive days of protests later this year.
Speaking during a church service at PAG Kivumbini Church in Nakuru County, Siaya Governor James Orengo said the demonstrations will take place on June 24, 25, and 26.
“June 25 is coming, and we all remember Gen Zs lost lives for this country. So, as Linda Mwananchi, we are asking you to make this country ungovernable on June 24, 25, and 26. And that has happened before,” he said.
He noted that the dates were chosen to coincide with the anniversary of last year’s Gen Z-led protests.
At the same time, Orengo called on supporters to turn out in large numbers, invoking the memory of young people who lost their lives during previous demonstrations.
READ MORE
France says G7 finance talks 'frank, sometimes difficult'
Africa banks on continental trade agreement to rev up investments
How 300 containers were stolen from Mombasa port
800 youth benefit from 'Glam on Wheels' Initiative
Flower industry loses Sh200m as transport strike hits JKIA cargo
Families feel the pinch as war-hit diaspora remittances shrink
Legal battle brews over new tea levy, directorship
For Africa to move forward, Africans must be allowed to cross borders
Global housing crisis deepens despite policy gains - UN warns
“We do not fear any prison, we do not fear death. We do not fear anything but fear itself. The hour has come and the hour is now. This is a one-term administration, Orengo declared.
He added that the faction would press on with what he described as a struggle to “liberate the country,” dismissing fears of possible state reprisals.
Orengo was accompanied by several leaders aligned to the faction, including Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna, Vihiga Senator Godfrey Osotsi, Embakasi East MP Babu Owino, and his Saboti counterpart Caleb Amisi.