Magwanga sues Governor Wanga as feud mounts
Nyanza
By
Olivia Odhiambo
| Feb 04, 2026
The feud between Homa Bay Deputy Governor Oyugi Magwanga and Governor Gladys Wanga has taken a new turn after Magwanga moved to court to challenge the withdrawal of his official vehicles and the locking of his office by the county administration.
In a suit filed at the Employment and Labour Relations Court, Magwanga described the actions as unconstitutional and null, arguing that the withdrawal of his vehicle and staff amounted to removal from office.
He wants Governor Wanga ordered to reopen his office and restore his staff, vehicles and fuel, and seeks a court order barring further interference with his constitutional rights.
“The petitioner prays for general damages for the violation of his constitutional rights, the cost of this petition and any other relief this court deems just,” he stated.
Magwanga said he is entitled to two official vehicles, which were withdrawn without lawful justification.
READ MORE
Kenya blockchain industry urges faster stablecoin adoption amid new digital asset rules
Activist files petition to block fuel price hike, seeks conservatory orders
Government launches construction of 114 solar mini grids in 14 counties
Kenya's cybersecurity skills gap persists despite training efforts
Ruto's budget limbo deepens as IMF digs in on bailout conditions
German 'chemical town' fears impact of industrial decline
AI boom raises pressure for clean energy transition
How to pick the right insurance cover for your car
Push for cryptocurrency regulation gathers pace
How high-stakes home ownership dreams are shattered by city cartels
The only vehicle available was grounded for servicing and later removed entirely. He claimed the administration also failed to fuel any vehicle, effectively immobilising him and frustrating his constitutional duties.
He noted that he was lawfully elected and assumed office in accordance with the constitution. In December 2025, he was locked out of his office at the county headquarters without notice and forced to proceed on leave.
Upon returning in January 2026, he found the office locks had been changed, an action he said was orchestrated by Governor Wanga.