KQ resumes flights to and from Dubai after two months
National
By
Fred Kagonye
| May 13, 2026
Kenya Airways (KQ) has announced the resumption of flights from Nairobi to Dubai and back after a more than two months hiatus.
“We wish to inform our customers that flights to and from Dubai will resume on 14th May 2026,” the airline said in a statement.
“We will operate daily frequencies between Nairobi and Dubai, with additional frequencies to be introduced progressively in line with demand and operational requirements.”
The airline in February 28 suspended several scheduled flights to Dubai following the closure of its airspace after US and Israel launched joint attacks on Iran, which responded by attacking countries in the gulf region where it claimed the attacks were launched from.
KQ said that the safety of guests and crew remains their top priority, and will continue working closely with the relevant authorities to ensure safe and seamless operations.
READ MORE
New push to increase funding for research and development
Kenya positioned as Africa's next AI innovation hub
Chaka's housing boom bets on investors' demand for city-style
New coating system looks to spruce up Kenya's construction finishes
Court declines to fast-track petition against EPRA fuel prices
Govt moves to close Sh56bn rice import gap with irrigation push
Changing face of Nairobi's downtown as investors splash billions on new skyscrapers
NCBA: Nedbank sale deal on track as profit up 9pc
How Sh27.8b project is revamping informal settlements in urban areas
It advised its customers to seek information on bookings from its platforms.
On March 6, KQ also announced the suspension of its Dubai-bound repatriation flight, set to bring Kenyans stuck in the country back home, that had been scheduled for that day citing security concerns.
The suspension of flights came about after several countries in the region closed their airspace following the attacks on Iran.
Among the nations that closed their airspaces are United Arab Emirates, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait.
US President Donald Trump after the launch of the joint attacks said that they decided to attack Iran over its stance on nuclear negotiations and missile programs.
According to Trump the goal of the joint attacks was to eliminate imminent threats from Tehran with Israel saying they were carrying out preventive strikes alleging that Iran’s nuclear program is a threat to Israel’s existence.
The US president said that their aim is to liberate Iranians while offering immunity to the country’s military.