Governor Badilisha unveils Sh25 million dispensary for Ol Kalou residents
Central
By
James Munyeki
| Dec 17, 2025
Residents of Munyeki village in Ol Kalou, Nyandarua County are set to benefit from a Sh25 million dispensary officially opened by Governor Kiarie Badilisha.
The cost includes the purchase of the land and a playground to help the youths engage in sports, in a move aimed at curbing drug abuse and alcoholism.
This brings to 92 health facilities constructed by the county government in the last three years.
READ MORE
800 youth benefit from 'Glam on Wheels' Initiative
Flower industry loses Sh200m as transport strike hits JKIA cargo
Families feel the pinch as war-hit diaspora remittances shrink
Legal battle brews over new tea levy, directorship
For Africa to move forward, Africans must be allowed to cross borders
Global housing crisis deepens despite policy gains - UN warns
Mbadi names Adan Mohamed as new KRA chief
Kenya to host green hydrogen symposium as country positions for the global stage
Kingdom Bank deepens MSME push with Industrial Area branch
Court declines to lift orders blocking Safaricom sale as Vodafone loses bid to exit case
Governor Badilisha said that the move is meant to reduce travel distance by the residents in seeking medication.
According to him, this is one of his manifestos to open health facilities in every one of the 25 wards.
"This is a dream come true for the people of Munyeki village. As promised we will have health centers and dispensaries in each of our wards," he noted.
He regretted that residents have been traveling to JM Kariuki hospital, Nyahururu hospital and Engineer hospital to seek medication which are kilometers away.
"This will now be a thing of the past. The residents will be walking close to their doorsteps to seek medication. This is our promise to residents which we have fulfilled," noted Badilisha.
He noted that all the facilities had been equipped with enough drugs as well as staff.
"That is why we have been ranked number two in terms of development expenditure. We are doing this to make sure that our people get better services in terms of health," he said.
Residents commended the move saying that they will not be traveling few kilometres to seek medication.
"This has always been our wish. We will now be traveling a few kilometres to seek medication," said John Kimani.