By GLADYS HALIMA
If there is any topic that people shy away from discussing, it is masturbation — self-pleasure.
Despite masturbation being a common practice especially amongst youth in high school and higher learning institutions, it remains an embarrassing taboo topic.
The fact that it has been deemed harmless has seen many people majority being men, hooked.
Unfortunately, scientists have linked masturbation with:
• Rapid ageing and decrease in vitality in a teenage man or woman.
• Irritability, unsteadiness and low self esteem is noted in those over masturbating. There is also loss of willpower and weakness of body and mind.
• Depleted sexual fluids in both male and female, notably zinc and selenium loss.
• Range of skin complications. may develop including acne.
• Attraction to pornography.
Nutritionists recommend that to maintain good sexual functioning, one should eat more soybean products and avoid excess caffeine.