Argentina logs over 527,000 cases of dengue

America
By Xinhua | Jul 22, 2024

Employees of the Ministry of Environment and Public Space of Argentina participating in a fumigation campaign in the Belgrano neighborhood, in the Argentine capital, Buenos Aires, on March 3, 2016. [Xinhua]

Argentina has logged more than 527,000 cases of dengue so far this year, 3.2 times more than last year, though cases have recently decreased, the Health Ministry said Sunday.

In the first 28 weeks of this year, health officials reported 527,517 cases, or 97 percent of the total logged during the entire season starting in epidemiological week 31 of 2023, according to the ministry's latest National Epidemiological Bulletin.

So far 401 patients have died from dengue this year.

The highest number of cases was logged in the central region, accounting for 60 percent of the total, compared with 24.9 percent for the northwest and 13 percent for the northeast.

Currently, the incidence rate stands at 1,157 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, declining for 14 weeks, said the report.

Share this story
Kirimi powers to glory at VetLab Club event
Ericv Karimi is the overall winner of the eighth and final leg of the Kengen golf tournament series. 
Strathmore Swords bounce back to slice Eldonets in league battle
Strathmore University Swords bounced back from Saturday’s defeat to edge out Eldonets 67-64 in a Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) Women’s Premier League match on Sunday.
K'Ogalo silence Muranga Seal to move one win away from title
Record league champions Gor Mahia moved to within one win of another league title after beating Murang’a Seal 3-1 in a crucial SportPesa Premier League match on Sunday.
African stars in Europe: Antoine Semenyo wins it for City
Antoine Semenyo produced one of the great FA Cup final goals with an audacious back-flick that sealed a 1-0 win for Manchester City over Chelsea in the FA Cup final at the weekend.
Mixed results for top boxers as Police, KDF lead after first leg
Defending champions Kenya Police and Kenya Defence Forces shared the lead after the opening leg of the National Boxing League in Nakuru, as several top boxers suffered surprise defeats.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS