Jubilee wants Raila Odinga to apologise for Parliament chaos

Politics
By Graham Kajilwa | Apr 04, 2016
Gatundu MP Moses Kuria

CORD should apologise for the disruption caused in Parliament last week, Jubilee leaders have said.

Jubilee leaders want CORD leader Raila Odinga to apologise to President Uhuru Kenyatta for his members’ lack of respect before Parliament last Thursday.

They expressed their outrage on a section of Orange Democratic Movement members who blew whistles during the address, saying they displayed the kind of “uncouth behaviour” associated with the Opposition.

“It is only right that Raila apologises to the President as he is the so-called father of that flock that caused chaos in Parliament,” said Dagoretti MP Dennis Waweru.

Mr Waweru argued that if Mr Raila does not respect the President, then he should at least show respect for the office of the President and the nation.

Uhuru’s State of the Nation address was interrupted by a section of ODM MPs who blew whistles to disrupt the President’s speech.

Thrown out

It forced National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi to invoke standing orders 111 to have the MPs, led by Ugunja Opiyo Wandayi, forcibly thrown out.

Others were Millie Odhiambo (Mbita), Simba Arati (Dagoretti North), John Mbadi (Suba), Gladys Wanga (Homa Bay) and Senator Moses Kajwang (Homa Bay).

“We understand not all opposition members caused the 30-minute disruption but it makes no difference that any event associated with them usually ends up in chaos,” said Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria. Roysambu MP Waihenya Ndirangu said Raila should be held accountable for the Opposition’s behaviour.

“That is why the presidential bid launch of Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang’ula ended up in chaos and all he does is take the next flight to Tanzania. Is this the kind of leadership that is supposed to make the next government?” said Mr Ndirangu.

Cord leaders came out to strongly condemn the riots in Kakamega that claimed one life, claiming the Government was behind it.

ODM Chairman Mbadi blamed the party’s opponents for allegedly planting youth in the party’s t-Shirts, adding that the party’s supporters were not involved in the chaos. “Where did the youth get tear gas?” he asked.

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS