Knec withholds results of St Peter's Abwao Secondary School
Nyanza
By
Anne Atieno
| Jan 10, 2025
The 2024 KCSE results of St Peter's Abwao Secondary School in Migori have been withheld over suspected examination irregularity.
The extra-county school failed to receive its results Thursday even as other schools were in celebratory mode after posting impressive results.
Education Director for Migori County Jacob Onyiego confirmed that the results of the school had been withheld by the Kenya National Examination Council as investigations continue.
"Investigations are ongoing to confirm that there was no cheating," Mr Onyiego said.
READ MORE
What we know about the South C building collapse
NTSA flags drunk driving, faulty speed limiters as 25 killed in road crashes
Ending digital violence not a 'women's only issue'
Ngugi wa Thiong'o and the African literary revolution
Why government should play greater role in fight against GBV
There's no shame for an abused man to seek justice and healing
My experience at SA's G20 Women's shutdown
Let's stop domestic conflicts turning into child murder
Thunder revolution: How city club is shaping the future of Kenyan basketball
Women's rights activists call for release of GBV taskforce report
He assured that once it is confirmed that there was no examination irregularity at the school, the results will be released.
The school's new Principal Magawe Peter said they were yet to receive their results.
St Peter's Abwao used to be among the top schools in the county in national examinations.
Last year, it emerged as the best school in Migori county, flooring academic giants in the county and Nyanza region.
The school scored a mean of 9.7 in their 2023 KCSE examinations.