Sports Registrar - FKF should put their house in order before proceeding with elections

Football
By Robin Toskin | Oct 16, 2020
Sports registrar Rose Wasike. [File]

Sports Registrar Rose Wasike has poured cold water on the elections saying it would be “prudent for FKF not to proceed with the planned elections to allow them put their house in order and conform to the national laws of the Country and FIFA Statutes before proceeding with the elections”.

Wasike, in a response to an invitation by Barry Otieno to attend Saturday’s exercise as an observer, has declined to accept the returns of the county polls for being filed inappropriately and out of time.

“I have also noted that the notification of the newly elected office bearers was not done in the prescribed Form ‘R’ set out in the First Schedule of the Sports Registrar Regulations as required under Paragraph 20(4) of the Sports Registrar Regulations,” Wasike told Otieno in the terse letter dated 15/10/2020.

She said the polls conducted on 19th of last month were held in contravention of the Sports Act 2013 and the Sports Registrar’s regulations 2016.

The letter copied to the Sports CS, PS and the chairman of the SDT also wants FKF to return all the application forms that were collected by one Stephen Otieno on 9th August 2019, for purposes of registering county football associations.

“Note that they are Government documents and they need to be returned back whether filled or not.”

Barry Otieno

Standard Sports summarizes the Sports Registrar’s contentions:

County elections returns not submitted by the Returning Officer within stipulated seven days after elections.

Elected officials’ list submitted after deadline of 21 days after the elections.

No evidence that nominated candidates for national elections and those elected on 19th September were cleared by the DCI, EACC, CRB, HELB and KRA.

Counties that participated in elections had not been registered by 19th September, 2020, contrary to Sections 46 (1) of Sports Act.

Entities and persons not recognised by the Sports Act were/will be used to elect office bearers.

FKF president Nick Mwendwa. [Jonah Onyango, Standard]

Complaints of FKF using unregistered entities/persons and officials of registered County Associations that never initiated their registration and using names of interim officials of County Sports Associations as opponents to their aspiring candidates without their knowledge and approval.

FKF used/using the voters list that was nullified twice by Sports Disputes Tribunal when it quashed/nullified the first and second county elections.

No list of clubs or any other sports organization and their officials that will vote to enable checking of their legal status or registration with the Sports Registrar.

Failure to attach integrity clearance certificates for candidates, their details and County Sports Associations and Sports Clubs that will vote plus the names of voters from all counties and clubs that will vote.

Share this story
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
It's fresh faces and familiar rivals as Stars prepare for 2027 Afcon
Coach McCarthy has named five new faces in Harambee Stars squad.Kenya to face South Africa, Guinea and Eritrea in 2027 Afcon qualifiers.,
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS