Sancho finally speaks out about reports linking him with a move to Old Trafford

Football
By Mirror | Aug 22, 2020
The Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford

Jadon Sancho has admitted he tries to avoid thinking too much about his future as speculation continues to link him with a move to Manchester United.

The Dortmund forward is being strongly touted with a switch to Old Trafford, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer known to be desperate for the club to bring him in this summer to bolster his attack.

But United and Dortmund appear to be in something of a deadlock with regards to negotiations, with the German giants currently not willing to drop their £108m valuation of the player.

Sancho, however, insists he is not listening to the rumours, and is fully focused on trying to improve his game during pre-season training.

Speaking to SoccerBible, the England international said: "I try not to look at the media because I think once you start looking at all that it would be easy to get carried away with it.

"It can affect players. For me it’s about not looking at those things and just focusing on trying to do the best I can on the pitch. Especially in training.

"For me it’s about improving every single day. It’s important for me to keep a smile on my face and keep happy.

"I don’t really look at all the noise and all that stuff. I’d rather keep my head down, keep focus and improve every day."

The 20-year-old also reflected on his rapid rise to stardom, and said the most satisfying aspect is seeing how it has impacted his friends and family.

When asked if he has been proud of what he has achieved in the game so far, he replied: "Yeah I do, of course but I’d say it hits me most when I see family and see my mum and people like that.

"They’re so happy for me and it’s nice to see my family being so proud of me. I do everything for them and I just want to keep making them proud."

Share this story
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS