King Kaka addresses rumours of marriage split, fake death

ENTERTAINMENT
By Fay Ngina | May 14, 2024
King Kaka and his wife Nana Owiti. (Courtesy)

Kenyan rapper King Kaka has addressed rumours circulating about his marriage with Nana Owiti.

These rumours surfaced after a social media account claimed that Nana had sought asylum abroad and that King Kaka's children had been taken away, with Nana allegedly declaring her husband deceased while seeking asylum.

These reports emerged during King Kaka's upcoming project, 'Monkey Business,' a movie series set to premiere this month.

Some netizens speculated that King Kaka was orchestrating a publicity stunt to generate buzz for the project.

Responding to the allegations, King Kaka highlighted the importance of being cautious about spreading unverified information, especially regarding family matters.

"I never clout chase especially when it touches on family. Neither does Nana. That's not my style. I was not going to address it but the fact that it is touching family I am responding to it. I know people get excited when it comes to content creation and say things, now the whole country has picked up a fake story," said Kaka.

The rapper expressed his shock at being presumed dead, clarifying that Nana is in the country and their children are attending school as usual.

"Nana is in the country and the kids are in school. Jana wameenda shule, ata leo tumepiga story asubuhi (Yesterday they went to school and we even chatted today morning). Let us be mindful. There are a lot of people involved saa zile tuncreate fake stories. Now they are all over, people are calling me... In the spirit of content creation, let us be mindful. Let us not be disrespectful when doing so," he said.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by King Kaka (@thekingkaka)

He added: "Nimesikia story mob (I've heard a lot of stories). I have even heard I have a death certificate and I'm here ama na hallucinate?"

He further urged people to consider the consequences of spreading false stories, highlighting the impact it has on his family.

"Let us not ruin a good thing trying to create content. Content creation is a big business," he said.

Kaka concluded by urging for respect towards him, Nana, and their children, especially considering the potential distress caused by such rumours.

"Let us respect me, respect Nana and the kids," he concluded.

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS