Kariobangi Sharks and Betway renew shirt sponsorship deal

Football
By Rodgers Eshitemi | Dec 12, 2020

Joseph Wathira (L) of Wazito FC tackle Daniel Skari of Kariobangi Sharks FC during their Kenyan Premier League match at Kasarani stadium in Nairobi on November 29, 2020. [Kelly Ayodi, Standard]

Betting firm Betway Kenya and FKF-Premier League side Kariobangi Sharks have agreed to renew their existing shirt sponsorship deal for one more year.

The new deal of an undisclosed amount which was launched on Thursday in Nairobi will see the former domestic cup winners continue wearing Betway-branded jerseys until November 2021. Betway’s current deal with Sharks had expired last month.

This is a big boost for Sharks, who have so far garnered four points (4-0 Wazito and 0-0 Nzoia Sugar) from their opening two matches of the 2020/21 FKF-Premier League season.

The William Muluya-trained side is set to clash with newcomers Bidco United at Utalii Grounds today (3pm).

Sharks chairman Robert Maoga was more than grateful to Betway for agreeing to extend their partnership during this difficult time that has been brought about by the coronavirus pandemic.

“We are pleased by the renewal of the contract for another year, cognisant to the fact that it has been a tough time with the Covid-19 outbreak,” said Maoga.

“Extending the contract shows the confidence the two brands have with each other. Betway stood with the players and offered assistance during this Covid-19 period – when football had been halted – to improve the lives of the players and their families. For this we are grateful and look forward to creating value in the foreseeable future through this partnership.”

Betway Kenya PR and Media Executive Karen Njerenga was equally excited about the new deal.

“The organised nature the team and its management possesses has proven very encouraging for us as a brand, thus we arrived at the decision to renew our partnership with them,” said Njerenga. 

Share this story
Veteran goalkeeper Neuer recalled to aid Germany World Cup bid
Veteran goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was handed a surprise recall to Germany's 26-man World Cup squad, coming out of international retirement to play in the tournament for a fifth time.
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS