Alert as five boys escape from remand in Nyamira
By Stanley Ongwae
| October 22nd 2021
Police are searching for five juvenile prisoners who escaped from Manga Juvenile Remand Home on Thursday afternoon.
Police were yesterday combing villages in search of the boys who were waiting conclusion of their cases.
County Police Commander Grace Kakai said the five broke through the kitchen ceiling.
“The remandees had gathered at the institution’s dining hall at lunch hour when the warden in charge heard some movement towards the kitchen section that is attached to the dining place.
He noticed one remandee jumping through an opening at the ceiling.
Efforts to catch the boys bore no fruit as they escaped into the nearby villages,” she said.
Shop attendant charged with Sh9m fraudThe shopkeeper was released on a bond of Sh3 million or alternatively pay a cash bail of Sh1 million.
Kenyan woman, Josephine Ekiru, bags US peacekeeping awardJosephine Ekiru was selected as this year’s winner of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) Women Building Peace Award .
Five senior Kenya Power managers sent on leave to allow for audit
By Betty Njeru
- Several feared drowned after bus with 30 choir members plunges into Kitui river
- Kitui river bridge has rugged edge, driver was unfamiliar with route – Deputy Governor
- Why old couples divorce after decades of marriage
- ODM won’t form coalition with Nyanza parties
- Pregnant wife of KDF soldier stabbed to death