Please enable JavaScript to view advertisements.
×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Kenya’s Boldest Voice
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

CS Nakhumicha says injured protesters were treated for free, questions online fund drive

Health CS Susan Nakhumicha [Mercy Kahenda, Standard]

Health CS Susan Nakhumicha on Wednesday said anti-Finance Bill protesters injured in the last few days were treated for free, and questioned the motive of an online fund drive created to clear hospital bills.

Through her X account, Nakhumicha said 294 casualties had been referred to different hospitals and 235 had been treated and discharged.

Premium Article

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.

Uncover the stories others won't tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access.
Continue Reading  →
What you get
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimised reading
  • Weekly newsletters & digests
Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payments Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902
Support Independent Journalism

Stand With Bold Journalism.
Stand With The Standard.

Journalism can't be free because the truth demands investment. At The Standard, we invest time, courage and skills to bring you accurate, factual and impactful stories. Subscribe today and stand with us in the pursuit of credible journalism.

Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payment Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902

Follow The Standard on Google News