Nairobi County ODM primaries scheduled for Tuesday 25 April 2017 have been cancelled.
The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party National Elections Board said the polls had to be called off due to ‘unavoidable circumstances’.
Philip Etale, ODM communications director, said that the youth stormed the warehouse where election material had been stored complaining that the polls will not be free and fair.
New dates will be announced later in the day.
READ MORE
Ruto and Sakaja deal on city good, but get it right
Activists move to court to halt Ruto-Sakaja deal over alleged illegality
Outcry: Why leaders want Sh80 billion Sakaja-Ruto deal shelved
Why there is growing fears over roles of Nairobi Metro Police unit