I was a victim of public service pitfalls, says Kissinger in IEBC vetting

National
By Sharon Wanga | Mar 25, 2025

Former Deputy Chief Registrar of the Judiciary Francis Kakai Kissinger , the IEBC Chair Nominee before the selection panel in Nairobi on March 25th, 2025

[Collins Oduor, Standard]

Former Judiciary Deputy Registrar Kakai Kissinger defended his integrity on Tuesday, March 25, as he appeared before the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) selection panel for vetting.

Kissinger faced scrutiny over allegations of financial misappropriation in the Judiciary in 2014.

However, he told the panel the case was withdrawn in 2017 and insisted his integrity remains intact.

"It's called the pitfalls of public service. My integrity is unquestionable, even before the eyes of God. I have worked in public service and I worked at the Judiciary. I left with my understanding that I was a victim," said Kissinger.

He explained that the allegations stemmed from misunderstandings regarding a judicial performance program he had helped pioneer.

The initiative sought to construct courts across all counties and digitise Judiciary operations but, he said, faced scrutiny due to a lack of clarity.

"This project was under intense financial scrutiny. In the process of implementing, there was a lot of misinformation. People didn't understand what was going on, so when issues were touching on one of the courts that had not been constructed, investigative agencies got involved," he explained.

According to Kissinger, the disputed court was later confirmed to have been built at a different location, leading to the case being dropped.

He also addressed concerns over the purchase of a house, clarifying that the issue was the absence of a cabinet memo at the time of purchase.

"When that memo was retrieved, it spoke the truth. Management was only implementing what the cabinet memo by the former president required," he added.

Court documents presented to the panel showed he had been acquitted of all charges and had moved on from the matter.

Share this story
Veteran goalkeeper Neuer recalled to aid Germany World Cup bid
Veteran goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was handed a surprise recall to Germany's 26-man World Cup squad, coming out of international retirement to play in the tournament for a fifth time.
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS