Barcelona duo Raphinha and Araujo to miss Osasuna Clash

Football
By Standard Sports | Mar 27, 2025

Barcelona's Brazilian forwardRaphinha celebrates scoring his team's third goal during the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 second leg football match vs SL Benfica at the Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Barcelona on March 11, 2025. [Josep LAGO / AFP]

Barcelona head coach Hansi Flick has confirmed that both winger Raphinha and defender Ronald Araujo will be unavailable for the team's upcoming LaLiga match against Osasuna tonight.

The decision comes after the duo participated in World Cup qualifying matches for their South American national teams earlier this week.

Flick explained that the players need more time to recover from their grueling international fixtures and the long journey back to Spain.

"They are not in the team, they have a long flight and it's not the best way, because they have to recover," Flick said during a press conference yesterday.

Raphinha featured for Brazil in a tough 4-1 defeat against Argentina, while Araujo sat on the bench for Uruguay during their goalless draw with Bolivia.

Despite the setbacks, Flick remains optimistic about securing a victory against Osasuna to maintain Barcelona's lead at the top of LaLiga.

"Always no excuses, we go for it. Tomorrow we will go for it, I think we have big, big quality in this team," he said.

Share this story
Emery urges Villa to use Europa triumph to fuel bold new era
Unai Emery urged Aston Villa to use their historic Europa League final triumph against Freiburg as the foundation for an "ambitious" new era.
DR Congo cancel World Cup training in Kinshasa amid Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo team have cancelled a planned pre-World Cup training camp at home after the country was hit by an Ebola outbreak
For Arsenal, the time is right and the Lord has made it happen
When Patrick Paul Vieira lifted Arsenal’s English Premier League trophy in 2004, petrol in Kenya was retailing at Sh64.99, Diesel was Sh51.60, while kerosene went for Sh38.19.
Julius Yego's exit beckons after his last African show in Ghana
The 37-year-old javelin star is set for his last World Championships and Olympics next year and 2028 respectively.
It's fresh faces and familiar rivals as Stars prepare for 2027 Afcon
Coach McCarthy has named five new faces in Harambee Stars squad.Kenya to face South Africa, Guinea and Eritrea in 2027 Afcon qualifiers.,
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS