A mother has been jailed for 15 months for leaving her baby daughter at home alone every day for a week while she went out drinking.
The woman, 20, of Brecon, Powys, admitted neglect of the 15-month old while she went out at Christmas.
Neighbours raised the alarm when they heard cries, Merthyr Crown Court heard.
Judge John Curran said: "You may have gone back to the house on occasions but the fact is you neglected her for a very long time."
The court heard how the woman left the girl in the cot and would go home every day to give the baby breakfast cereal and a microwave meal before going back to a friend's flat to continue partying.
Prosecutor Michael Hammett said that police officers alerted by neighbours found the house to be cold and dark, and with all its rooms in a mess.
"The house was in a state of disarray with rubbish, dirty clothes, empty wine bottles, beer cans and dirty nappies strewn over the floors," he said.
"One of the officers went into the bedroom and found the little girl subdued in her crib.
"There was no heating on in the house and she was partly covered by a blanket."
Mr Hammett said the officers took the girl to the nearby police station to be cleaned up and fed.
"When they gave her food and drink she grabbed them as if she had been starved," she said.
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Diplomatic passports, special number plates for governors
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa