By Steve Mkawale??
Public Health and Sanitation Minister Beth Mugo, however, said the Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri) is yet to establish what the man who had travelled to South Sudan and then returned to Kenya by road through Uganda was suffering from.
“Kemri gave priority to establish if the man was suffering from Ebola but they will carry further test to establish what the man was suffering from,” said the minister at a press conference in her office at Afya House yesterday.
She said the results of the other patient who was earlier admitted at Siaya District Hospital last Monday were also negative and the man has fully recovered.
The minister said Ebola outbreak has already been contained in Western Uganda where 16 people have so far died and scores others are being monitored by health officers after showing symptoms. “ I assure the public again that my ministry has taken all necessary precautions to ensure the disease does not spread to Kenya,” Mugo said.
She said the risk to Kenya is very minimal and there was need for the country to close down her borders or restrict movement.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry