By KARANJA NJOROGE
Olympic Marathon champion Samuel Wanjiru’s widow has dismissed speculation she has re-married.
Triza Njeri said the rumours especially on social media were aimed at tarnishing her name in order to make sure she does not inherit her husband’s property.
Addressing a press conference at her Nakuru home, Njeri said she was disturbed by the allegations that she was living with a controversial politician following the death of her husband. Njeri said she had instructed her lawyer to institute legal measures against those responsible for peddling the falsehoods.
“I have no intention of marrying as my main role is to ensure that I look after the children following the death of my husband,” she added.
Njeri, whose husband’s death is still shrouded in mystery, said she had been forced to respond to the allegations following concerns from friends and relatives.
Njeri said she had been forced to move from Nairobi and Nyahururu and set base in Nakuru due to security concerns.
- Cabinet Secretary meets Liberia President at Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Uhuru names last two Cabinet Secretaries
- House Committee wants taxes raised
- Sh51.8m gold shipment vanishes mysteriously from airport
- Kenya economy to grow by 6 percent in 2013
- Former councillors ask for Uhuru’s help in send off package stalemate