In Pool ‘C’, Rwanda Revenue Authority beat host team Kenya Commercial Bank 3-1 (28-26, 25-22, 27-25, 26-24) in an explosive match to advance to the quarter-finals.
Both teams went into the match aware that they needed to win to advance to the quarter-final.
A net hit by Seraphine handed KCB first points of the match, but Revenue levelled 1-1 following an error by the Kenyans.
Regine Izabayo, like in previous matches, was the key player in Revenue team and she was outstanding both at back court, defence and net attack.
The opening set was closely contested, but Revenue picked up at 6-5 to lead 8-6 at technical time out.
KCB recovered to open three points advantage at second technical time out. But the set was won by Revenues 28-26.
KCB fought hard with good attacks from Dorine Khayimba, Gaudencia Makokha and Eliza Karuga but the Rwandese continued to dominate the proceedings to win the second set 25-22. KCB won the third set 27-25 to revive hopes of winning the match but their recovery was short-lived after Revenue won the fourth period 26-24 to wrap up the match with 3-1 sets advantage and qualify for quarters.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry